Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 1 large onion
- 3 large carrots
- 1.litre vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, about 2 cm.
- 1 vegetable stock cube (or 1 tsp Marigold Bouillon powder) dissolved in 1 litre hot water.
- Cumin, coriander, mixed dried herbs, bay leaf, salt.
- Chop the vegetables, place them in a saucepan with the stock cube dissolved in water and the tomato puree.
- Add the seasoning to your taste – 1 level tsp of each is enough.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, then let the soup cool.
- Puree in a blender (and pass through a sieve for a finer soup).
- Serve with bread.
Number of portions: 3-4
Why is it eco-friendly?
It’s quick and easy, it’s energy efficient, it’s vegan….and it’s tasty!
Return to the main Big Green Recipe Book page