Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 Veg Stock cubes
• 1 can coconut milk – more if you like it
• 750 sweet potato diced
• I lemongrass finely chopped
• 1 thumb of ginger
• 4 lime leaves shredded
• 1 red chilli finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
• 1 level tbsp of mild curry powder\
• Handful of chopped coriander
• Add oil, curry powder, and all chopped ingredients except coriander to pan and fry gently for 5 minutes on low heat.
• Add sweet potato, stir.
• Put lid on pan and leave on low heat for 15 minutes.
• Add coconut milk. Cook till sweet potato is soft
• Blend well.
• Add coriander, garnish with toasted coconut, fried sliced red chillies and a coriander leaf.
***Tip: buy packet of frozen lime leaves from Chinese supermarket – only £1
Why is it eco-friendly?
Everyday in the Undercroft Caf. Pete produces two delicious vegetarian soups using for the most part locally sourced ingredients. Sweet potatoes used to be an exotic import but now are grown in the UK and widely available.
Return to the main Big Green Recipe Book page